The two companies place 5 games in the lead and all with the same average rating.
In view of the decade that is about to come to an end, Metacritic has made a special ranking dedicated to video games for all platforms that have been rated better over the past decade. Rockstar Games and Nintendo dominate the top of the charts, with some of their productions receiving an average rating of 97, including the latest The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Red Dead Redemption 2.
The portal shows us some of the evaluation criteria, including the presence of at least 15 reviews from the specialized press and the inclusion in the ranking only of the versions that have received more ratings, in the case of games published on multiple platforms. Here are the top ten positions of this ranking made by Metacritic, dedicated to the games best rated on the portal from the year 2010:
- Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii, 2010) – 97
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch, 2017) – 97
- Red Dead Redemption 2 (PlayStation 4, 2018) – 97
- Grand Theft Auto V (PlayStation 4, 2014) – 97
- Super Mario Odyssey (Switch, 2017) – 97
- Mass Effect 2 (Xbox 360, 2010) – 96
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360, 2011) – 96
- The Last of Us (PlayStation 3, 2013) – 95
- The Last of Us Remastered (PlayStation 4, 2014) – 95
- Red Dead Redemption (Xbox 360, 2010) – 95
As already pointed out, the top positions are practically dominated by the productions of Rockstar Games and Nintendo, with the two companies that place as many as 5 games in top and all with the same average rating, including the most recent The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Red Dead Redemption 2. The latter, in particular, sees the presence in the standings of its predecessor, who placed tenth with a score of 95. There are also excellent productions of other teams such as Mass Effect 2 and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, while Sony must “settle” only for eighth and ninth place, moreover achieved with two versions of the same game, namely The Last of Us.
For a full list go here